Friday, February 6, 2015

A Girl Without a Team


RALEIGH ~ I admit it! Since moving to Raleigh, I have not yet pledged my allegiance to any one college sports team. And considering just how seriously folks take their sports here in North Carolina, that may be grounds for eviction. Here’s the dilemma. My Dad did graduate work at Duke University, but I live only a few miles from Carter Finely Stadium where North Carolina State University Football is played. I also live among its students.  And of course, there’s also University of North Carolina. SO who’s it gonna be? Blue Devils, Wolfpack, Tar Heels? I’m sure with time, one will rise to the top. But in the end, it must be one that stresses the importance of academics and a code of ethics both on and off the field. 

I was lucky enough to have a friend invite me to an NC State football game back in 2011. (Box seats no less). Not a bad way to enjoy the festivities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment