Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Asheville's Street Performers

ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA is an enclave for artists of all kinds, and that is on display on just about every street corner downtown. Even up close I had no idea how the performance artist (above) pulled off these illusions. I'm not sure how a stuffed teddy bear can keep this very tall man balanced on two wheels. He's been photographed a thousand times, but I have yet to find out anything about him or his act... and perhaps that is how he wants to keep it, a secret!
Musicians are all over the place, and most of them are pretty good. They don't need a permit to play on the street, but there are a lot of rules in place they must abide by, including: allowing enough room for pedestrians to get to where they are going; playing only certain times of the day; and performing no less than forty feet from another performer. Although I don't plan on moving to the city or becoming a street performer myself, I did run across the brochure put out by the city for those who are. It's pretty interesting to read about all the rules artists and panhandlers must follow. Click here and read for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment